About the Library
- To seek partnerships within the city and community organizations to promote awareness of library services and to explore opportunities for cooperative initiatives.
- To provide library materials that meet the needs of our diverse community.
- To improve access to the Internet and other electronic resources for information, lifelong learning, and leisure.
- To provide an attractive, welcoming and functional library environment.
- To promote and enhance skills in children through programs, outreach, and collections.
- To support library staff as a key component in providing outstanding library service.
- User satisfaction is important. It is realized through friendly, accurate, and timely service.
- The Library will provide information, collections, and services which deliver the maximum value to residents within the framework of available financial resources.
- Technology and networking will be evaluated and implemented to provide enhanced and cost-effective service.
- Staff will be given the training, authority and autonomy to make effective decisions to ensure quality public service.
- The library will support each individual's right to access information without bias or discrimination.
The Sterling Heights Public
Library's own policies include:
1st floor. Click for a full size map.
2nd floor. Click for a full size map.
(Have your PIN # and
library card ready)
|Loa Stanislawski||Management Assistant|
|Kathryn Ribant Payne||Programs Specialist|
|Brenda Ford||Library Assistant|
|Mike Elgert||Library Assistant|
|Brent Efing||Part-Time Librarian|
|Brenda Gauvin||Part-Time Librarian|
|Jason Groth||Part-Time Librarian|
|Abby Gruber||Part-Time Librarian|
|Carolyn Sherrill||Part-Time Librarian|
|Barbara Van Havermaat||Part-Time Librarian|
|Jennifer Willer||Part-Time Librarian|
|Anne Schultz||Library Assistant|
|Gary Johnson||Library Clerk|
|Sheila Bornemeier||Part-Time Library Clerk|
|Benedetta Derra||Part-Time Library Clerk|
|Doreen Sudlow||Part-Time Library Clerk|
|Carla Wilbert||Part-Time Library Clerk|
|Laurie Zachwieja||Part-Time Librarian|
|Joe Vitale||Library Assistant|
Click Here to download the Library's Brochure for more information, including an overview of Library Policies.
You can also view our FAQs for more about our policies, check in and check out details, and more.